FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can i add geometry to a planar object( check the included image to better ask my question)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
King Law
How can i add geometry to a planar object( check the included image to better ask my question)
on Sep 25, 2012 at 10:40:18 pm

i created this wold map from an illustrator vector file extruded the surface then bend it using the Bend deformer eveything is as i planned, only problem is that i dont know how i can add geometry to these two large faces, any ideas?? check the attached image

geometry.jpg

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: How can i add geometry to a planar object( check the included image to better ask my question)
on Sep 26, 2012 at 1:28:23 pm

You can do that several ways. I'll give you the 2 easiest:

1) Select the face, go to Mesh and choose 'Smooth'.
2) Divide the face into multiple faces using the Interactive Split tool (Under 'Edit Mesh').

Neither of those options will result in clean geometry, but judging by the screenshot, I'm assuming that isn't your primary interest. So either of those should work. Good luck.

Ben van H.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

King Law
Re: How can i add geometry to a planar object( check the included image to better ask my question)
on Sep 27, 2012 at 7:28:11 am

i tried the interactive split poly tool but its been acting weird didnt work right i will try the smooth method now will be back with the result
thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]