FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple Maya particle scene - crash AND destroys previous saves....

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Miller
Simple Maya particle scene - crash AND destroys previous saves....
on Sep 16, 2012 at 5:49:34 pm

Hey there,

I've come u against a problem that is killing me softly. I have two curves emitting particles to a goal. Around the goal I have a radial field and a vortex. I have everything looking more or less how I want it, I create a camera with a single image as the plane, and then a card to matte out the person who should be standing where the goal is. So, up to this point everything is fine, and the scene is so light I can play it in real time in MAYA. Anyway, I go to batch render and boom, MAYA dies. I have made saves as I have been going along, but all of them are now corrupt. I trashed preferences and started again - same problem. New project, same. New machine - same. It's something to do with the particles themselves - if I delete them from the scene it's fine, so...... any suggestions on how to get my render?

Maya 2012 all updated, running on a mac (I have tried a PC and rendering from the terminal)
MacBook Pro, 2.2 i7 with 8gb ram, 100gb free space

Cheers

James

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.

Return to posts index

James Miller
Re: Simple Maya particle scene - crash AND destroys previous saves....
on Sep 16, 2012 at 11:03:26 pm

Here is the log from terminal after it renders one frame

Stack trace:
4 libDynSlice.dylib 0x0000000107dd01c3 TdynParticleShape::evaluateEuler(TdataBlock&, T4dDblVectorArray&, T4dDblVectorArray&, T4dDblVectorArray&, T4dDblVectorArray const&, TdoubleArray const&, double, double, double, bool, T4dDblMatrix const&, T4dDblVectorArray*, T4dDblVectorArray*, T4dDblVectorArray*) + 387

Result: /Users/jamesmiller/Movies/SilentLand/scenes/Wide2/particletestdefault17.ma
Fatal Error. Attempting to save in /var/folders/YQ/YQXMiduHHYSDiqhPsrFPik+++TI/-Tmp-/jamesmiller.20120917.0000.maWriting crash report in /var/folders/YQ/YQXMiduHHYSDiqhPsrFPik+++TI/-Tmp-/jamesmiller.20120917.0000.crash
// Maya exited with status 1

Return to posts index

James Miller
Re: Simple Maya particle scene - crash AND destroys previous saves....
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:48:34 pm

Can anyone else do this... just make a scene, create a curve and emit particles from curve. Now create a locator and set it as the goal. Now create a vortex and radial field and parent them to the goal. Now try and render out a series of frame, say 500. Crash. Anyone get past this point?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]