FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya rendering quality change issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Fabiano
Maya rendering quality change issue
on Sep 2, 2012 at 12:00:49 am

Hey guys, haven't been on here in quite some time so I figured I'd come back with one I can't figure out on my own..

I've recently started playing with maya2013 64bit, running on an 8core 3.1ghz amd w/ radeon 7770 and 8gig of ram.

I've been having an issue where when I render my 600 frame animation the render switches to draft quality (although I've set it to 'production' quality). If I pick up and render say frame any frame in the middle, and render to the end it renders fine. It seems if I try to do the complete thing it automatically renders in draft quality mode. Am I missing some setting somewhere? I'm new to maya btw.. this isn't quite AE....

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah I've been searching around for a day or two on google and on here, haven't quite found what I'm looking for yet. And this was for both software AND mentalray..bit late forgetting details to include :(

-Jer

Return to posts index

Joshua Kerr
Re: Maya rendering quality change issue
on Sep 2, 2012 at 9:02:02 am

Hi Jeremy,

Though I havent had this problem before there may be a few things you can try. It sounds like it could be to do with you preferences so I usually do either of these before doing anything drastic like reinstalling.

- You could export you file and import it into a fresh project. This has helped me in the past with minor issues.

- Failing this you could delete your maya preferences to reset the program to its default setup.

I think beyond this my only other suggestion would be that you take at how much memory maya has calculated you to use per render. It has calculated wrong for me in the past and caused hell to break loose. Just click the box next to batch render and take a look at what it says. You can either tell it to automatically calculate this or type in the amount of RAM you want to allocate.

Let me know how it goes

Click to view my video production companyOr visit our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/nowfilm

Return to posts index

Jeremy Fabiano
Re: Maya rendering quality change issue
on Sep 7, 2012 at 5:41:46 pm

Joshua,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it tonight when I get home, life's been a but busy lately so haven't had as much time online as I'd like..

-Jer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]