FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with imageplane sequence

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto Lindqvist
Problem with imageplane sequence
on Jul 21, 2012 at 5:58:26 pm

Hello again folks,

I was doing one test scene for my own fun to composite together real footage and model of a ferris wheel. I matchmoved my fotage with matchmover and exported it into maya. All the points are good and so on, but for some reason my image plane sequence is not working. It's showing only the first frame. I have checked the sequence button.

Also my imageplane disappears when I deselect the camera. This is kinda frustrating.

I used the imageplane shape I got from matchmover. I also tried new imageplane but the same sequence not working problem was there too. And there was also a problem that the new imageplane was too close and it covered some of the points.

If it's not moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Problem with imageplane sequence
on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:08:42 pm

Not sure about the missing sequence, but if your image plane is only visible while the camera is selected, that usually means the image plane's depth and the camera's far clipping plane are set to exactly the same distance. Try extending your clipping plane farther; that should fix it. If the plane is too close and covering some points, just set the image plane's depth to be greater (while continuing to make sure the clipping plane extends farther still).

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: Problem with imageplane sequence
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:46:34 pm

What kind of sequence are you using? Or are you using a movie? It's been my experience that Maya likes image sequences labeled like the following: bkgrnd.####.suffix So essentially have the seq name dot number (4 pads) dot file type with no spaces. For a quicktime, just insert .qt after .mov or you can forget the .mov altogether and just have video.qt
Also, make sure you have checked whether it's an image sequence or movie in the attribute editor.
Hope this helps!
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]