FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particles Indexing not working...

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Earle
Particles Indexing not working...
on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:12:09 am

So ive been using nDynamics for some debris being picked up and dumped by a mechanical claw. All good in the sense that it all falls exactly how I wanted it to. So I cached the particles.

But now when I scrub through it, after the first or second dump, the particles randomized indexing stops working, so that every bit of debris is the same piece (i have about 5 different sized/shaped rocks in the index) and they dont rotate...

I thought it might be something to do with changing the timeslider playback speed to 25fps instead of 'play every frame' in which i cached the particles in? Dont really know whats goin on, and dont want to cache the whole thing again if not necessary.

any help?

cheers,

- Josh

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Particles Indexing not working...
on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:41:08 pm

Not sure why this is happening, sorry.

When you're scrubbing, is your time slider locked to whole frames? Or are you scrubbibg sub-frame values? That might cause the problem.

Is scrubbing the only way to trigger this? What if you just play through the scene multiple times? Does it behave correctly?

In general a cache should be controlling and overriding those attributes, so even if you're seeing some problems while scrubbing, you may be lucky enough to find that when you actually render the scene, it all works out fine. Maybe try a low-res render test to see?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]