FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to drop objects to ground?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
King Law
how to drop objects to ground?
on Jun 12, 2012 at 6:22:55 am

I know this may sound silly to some i have used maya for some time now one thing i dont know how to is to drop objects to the ground plane is there a quicker way of doing this instead of manually moving the object to the ground plane?

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: how to drop objects to ground?
on Jun 12, 2012 at 5:45:05 pm

Go to the Dynamics Menu set, under the Soft/Rigid Bodies menu you will see Create Active Rigid Body or Create Passive Rigid Body.

Select the object you want to fall onto the ground and (Create Active Rigid Body) then, select the ground plane and (Create Passive Rigid Body). Then, you can select your falling object(s) and go to the Fields menu and choose Gravity, that will make the objects fall onto the ground plane. Play around with the gravity settings and the bounce friction etc. and you will get a good start with making things fall. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

King Law
on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:01:55 pm

thank you but i meant keeping my objects to the ground when im modelling, you know like some 3d programs has the function that sits the selected object on the grid or ground
thank you!!

Return to posts index

Mathias Duch
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:14:09 am

im not sure if i completely understand what you mean..
But if you hold down "x" you snap to the grid, and if you wish to not move the object just lock the translate attributes :)

Return to posts index

King Law
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:48:32 am

hold x was what i was looking for i think thanks

Return to posts index

Mathias Duch
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:49:23 am

no problem, good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>