FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mental Ray Batch Render issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Cooper
Mental Ray Batch Render issue
on Jun 7, 2012 at 8:33:34 pm

I have a problem with mental ray where my batch renders will have random frames with no image in them at all.
For example. i've done a few animations of of varying sizes anywhere from 50 to 360 frames. and between the four them if i check the folders i render out to some frames will be blank. i'm using EXR's and i didnt have this problem on the last thing i rendered using VRay.

It's very frustrating, as i have no way of knowing if a any given frame didn't render an image without going into a finder window and checking each frame individually.

The problem is, it's only like a handful of frames like 30 out 350 in the current project i'm working on. I would be done if I could get all the frames to batch render correctly.

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Mathias Duch
Re: Mental Ray Batch Render issue
on Jun 11, 2012 at 8:00:08 am

i had this lately aswell, i thought it was just me that needed to repair/reinstall.. hmm
Wich version are you in?

Looking forward to see if anyone has a fix.

Return to posts index

Joe Cooper
on Jun 11, 2012 at 4:47:29 pm

Mac OSX Snow Leopard, Maya 2012 64bit

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
on Jul 24, 2012 at 9:11:07 pm

I've run into this issue a few times as well, but I always bring the image sequence into AE to test it. AE gives you an error that it can't parse the file when you scrub through it and then I can locate the missing frames and re-render as needed. Since it doesn't happen every time I don't think much about it, but always check your image sequences before handing them off or thinking it's just fine. Another thing, it only happened to me when I run batch render from the software, which I try to never do, and have been using terminal to conserve on memory while pegging all cores to maximum. Not sure if that's the resolution to the problem though...
Hope this helps!
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]