FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird showing of polys

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto Lindqvist
Weird showing of polys
on Apr 14, 2012 at 4:06:42 pm

Hello,

I crashed into problem that it looks like I have 2 models on top of each other. However it is not so because if I delete my model, everything disappears. But when I'm in polygon mode and select all polys and delete those there is still something in my scene. After deleting the first set of polys there is left the same model, but some of it is in wireframe and some not. And the subdiv is not working correctly. (I made this model as subdivision model)

The model is a head and when looked inside the head the problem is visible clearly in the ear hole. When looked outside everything is normal and there is an ear, but when looked inside there is a sharp edge that is not supposed to be there.

I dont know how to explain this more clear, after reading this text I'm confused by myself too. But this is weird.

I provide a dropbox link to download the project file if someone is interested in to look at this. It's made in maya 2012

Also to mention that the model is started on maya 2012 on mac but I needed to change to other computer because Maya on mac is not working anymore for me and the problem occurred after the change. I dont know if immediately but at least after that.

Here's the link. It's zipped, should be easy to unpack
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3561316/Trolli001.zip

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Otto Lindqvist
Re: Weird showing of polys
on Apr 14, 2012 at 4:29:51 pm

And to add to that in fact I tried to move those polys to side and yes, it revealed another set of polys. I just cant select those under the correct version.

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Weird showing of polys
on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:00:19 pm

Select a single poly, then Ctrl-right-click and choose 'To Shell' from the popup menu. This will select all the polygons that make up the same shell as the selected one. If what you have is a duplicated series of faces on top of each other, this should allow you to move them to separate them, or to simply delete them.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]