FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rigid Bodies need some scooping..

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Earle
Rigid Bodies need some scooping..
on Apr 6, 2012 at 6:25:03 pm

Hello,

working on an animation at the moment in which a large excavator has to scoop up dirt/debris and empty it into a truck.

The way I have been attempting this is to drop a lot of spheres (acting as the debris) into a box hidden under the surface. Then the claw will scoop them out. However, it is taking forever to compute the dynamics. Theres not that many spheres...I have made a more simple version of the claw (hidden) that is set to a passive rigid body. the spheres are active, and their container passive.

Any better way to approach this?

thanks,

- Josh

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
Re: igid Bodies need some scooping..
on Apr 6, 2012 at 8:59:39 pm

Well, I personally don't have an answer for you, but I'm currently working on a dynamics project and following some tuts in the book "maya studio projects: dynamics" and just saw something similar to what you described in there. It's in chapter 3. Maybe that could be helpful??

-Grant Gomm
http://www.grantgomm.com

Return to posts index

Josh Earle
on Apr 7, 2012 at 9:32:52 am

maybe it would, but surely someone out there knows how to sort this. It seems like a quick fix would get me back on track here. Anyone?

Return to posts index

Josh Earle
on Apr 7, 2012 at 4:49:12 pm

Its just crashing everytime I try and simulate now..Ive raised the collision and step size attributes but still nothing! Any ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]