FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anomaly Creating Planar Surface Maya 2012

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Esulto
Anomaly Creating Planar Surface Maya 2012
on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:48:19 pm

I'm trying to create a polygon from an illustrator in Maya 2012, something I've done successfully many times in the past. I import my ai file (version 8) as curves, go to surfaces > planar, and it's creating the planar surface for all but the last letter...

I thought maybe something was up with the curve on that letter... checked it in illustrator, seemed fine. I've tried grouping the curves, ungrouping the curves, applying the planar surface one curve at a time... everything yields the same result: planar surfaces for every letter except the "e".

I've checked my tolerance settings (settings/preferences > settings > positional tolerance) and even made some adjustments to see if anything changed....nothing did... I'm not sure what else to try at this point, so if someone's experienced this and has a suggestion for me, I'd be really grateful.

I've attached a couple screenshots illustrating what I'm dealing with.

Thanks!
Randy

For what it's worth, I'm on a mac dual quad core 2.26GHz, 64GB RAM running 10.6.8

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Anomaly Creating Planar Surface Maya 2012
on Apr 1, 2012 at 5:00:07 pm

I know it's a basic question, but is the 'e' the only letter that has a cutout inside it (i.e. one curve completely surrounding another)? If so, maybe that's the problem. If not, I'm afraid I'm not sure what the issue is.

You could always manually duplicate the curve in question by creating your own NURBS curve, snapping points to the Illustrator curve as you go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]