FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scaling in Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Memoir
Scaling in Maya
on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:15:46 pm

Hi I'm new, but have always used this forum for finding issues to tons of software I use, but it appears this time I can't find a solution.

I just started using Maya and intend to create a scene and render it out with lighting and everything. However I built my scene in Centimeters thinking I could just scale it 100 times to get meters later on; (since I was told that lighting using centimeters would not create photo-realistic lighting) however, when I try and use the scale tool it scales it to proper size, but some of my polygons are either deformed or do scale in their location and do not move to their location.

For example, I am making a suspension bridge and some of the suspension cables (cylinders) scale to the right size but they scale from their center pivot points so the architecture gets messed up because they are the right size but not in the right spot since bridge is 100 times larger now.

Is there away around this?

I am only trying to scale this to meters for lighting purposes. Any help would be appreciated :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]