FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya started to lag

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto Lindqvist
Maya started to lag
on Mar 22, 2012 at 9:00:34 pm

Hello,

I've been doing 2 days my character model. It's quite low poly model but during the whole project for some reason my Maya have been very sluggish. If I select something it takes few seconds to show the selection or if I change the tool it thinks few seconds. So the "beachball" is showing allmost all the time and it's very frustrating to work. Before when I have worked with very high poly models it have worked very well and with no lagging at all. Where could be the problem and how to fix it?

I'm working with Maya 2012 on early 2011 Macbook Pro.

Thanks for the help

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Mathias Duch
Re: Maya started to lag
on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:06:19 am

Have you tried deleting your history?
if no.. BEWARE deleting your history removes history information that you might need so check if you need anything before you do it.

Return to posts index

Otto Lindqvist
on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:51:07 am

Thank you, that helped. Usually I do that quite often, but for some reason I totally forgot that. I even have the shortcut in my custom shelf for deleting history. Well, now I'm a bit more wise again.

But it's weird, my mbp is more powerful than my age old pc and I had no problems at all with my pc with the same project. (for example compared memory mbp 8gb to pcs 3gb..)

But now it's working perfectly again. Thank you very much!

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Apr 1, 2012 at 4:50:29 pm

I believe that slow response when changing selection can sometimes be caused by problems with the graphics card. If the card isn't one of the ones on Autodesk's list of approved hardware, that might be the issue. Try searching the archives or the internet for more information.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]