FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing mesh into rigged scene - exporting to collada

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Wilson
Importing mesh into rigged scene - exporting to collada
on Feb 14, 2012 at 7:23:11 pm

I'm very new to Maya and working with files provided by a client. I need to animate them in a scene and then export them as collada. The models provided by the client are an already rigged figure and some separate models that are not rigged - a hat and some other items. If I just animate the rigged figure it exports and plays fine. When I import the hat and parent it to the head it plays fine in Maya but when I export to collada the figure still moves fine but the hat does not move properly with the figure. I does have some motion but it does not make sense in relation to how I animated it and how the figure is moving.

When I've imported the hat into the maya file I've used a joint rig to rig it and place it on the head. Then I've parented the hat rig to the head rig. Then I've parented the hat mesh to the head mesh. Then I've made sure that the hat rig is in the rigging layer and the hat mesh in in the mesh layer. I've even 'added' the rig to the corresponding layers - rig to rigging layer and mesh to the mesh layer.

I'm sure I'm missing some basic relational binding but I'm at a loss here. Any advice or clue to help me track down how to get these things to play nice together appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mukul Abdagiri
Re: Importing mesh into rigged scene - exporting to collada
on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:19:52 am

Hi, were you able to get this one resolved?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]