FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering maya file

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto Lindqvist
Recovering maya file
on Jan 27, 2012 at 9:49:03 am

Any help. I've been working on a project like 15 hours.

Now when I try to open my project maya opens and loads the project. Because I have the edu license, it opens the dialogbox notifying that it is created with project as usual but after that it loads up to 98% and then crashes. Same on both mac and windows version of Maya. And 3ds max cannot open .mb file.

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: Recovering maya file
on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:17:25 pm

Ouch.

Two things come to mind that could possibly allow you to bypass this issue:

1. Usually when Maya crashes, it puts a temporary save file in a folder. It's somewhere in App Data or something. You should Google to find the full path. My experience with these temp saves is that they're, unfortunately, fairly unstable. They don't always open properly.
2. If that fails, open a new scene and import your entire scene into the new one.

Might be worth a shot.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

Otto Lindqvist
Re: Recovering maya file
on Jan 28, 2012 at 9:21:07 pm

Thank you for the reply.

When crahsing it says could not save c:/some/path/here/

However there was a file in temp folder but there was no help. It did not work.

I also tried the second step. But when importing the file it also said "fatal error". I suppose that cant mean anything good (:

Well, looks like I need to start over again. Thanks for trying. Maybe I learn something new again... Remember to save copies of your project.... Luckily the project was just for learning new techniques and nothing for school or work.

If it's moving, animate it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]