FORUMS: list search recent posts

Huge Problem: Maya Command Window

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean D'Angelo
Huge Problem: Maya Command Window
on Dec 29, 2011 at 6:11:52 am

Hi all, huge problem here I can't figure out how to fix.

I'm running Maya 2011 on a Mac and the other day I had an issue with batch rendering one of my scenes so I followed some advice on a forum I found that recommended opening Maya through the maya terminal command "maya."

Immediately after I did that Maya began launching and the "Maya Command Window" appeared with a whole bunch of errors showing up and the program proceeded to crash. No UI, no menu items, nothing. Just a crash. So I thought, ok, that didn't work, better go back to the way it was before. Only I can't figure out how. Every time I open maya now, whether it's from the desktop or from the terminal the command window shows up and does the same thing.

Anyone know how to fix this? I can't easily reinstall because I'm using the student version and I've got a project I've been working on for a month due in just a few days.

Return to posts index

Sean D'Angelo
Re: Huge Problem: Maya Command Window
on Jan 4, 2012 at 7:47:31 pm

Heh, another post I'll solve myself here. The trick it turned out was that something in my User/xxx/Documents/maya folder must have gotten corrupted after using the command window. Turned out I didn't have to reinstall after all. I just moved my /documents/maya folder to a new location and let the program make itself a new directory. Still haven't combed through the old folder to find out what's fritzing the program, but I guess this is a good first step to try if maya is crashing on startup.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Huge Problem: Maya Command Window
on Jan 6, 2012 at 8:38:51 pm

Glad you figured it out, Sean.

I believe that 'Maya.env' is often the culprit... And yes, I've seen lots of advice about Maya not starting up properly starting with 'delete your preferences, and Maya will go back to using defaults.'

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]