FORUMS: list search recent posts

No depth out of Maya 2011

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto Brancolini
No depth out of Maya 2011
on Dec 22, 2011 at 2:09:21 pm

Hallo.
I'm afraid I need a little help, because I can't take any depth pass out of Maya 2011.

After looking around the web, I tried all the workarounds I found, but the system still gives me images that are full black where's no geometry and full white where are geometries (even if transparent). This happens either with automated mental ray render pass -whatever are the settings- and with a render layer overridden with luminance depth preset.

I checked the applied shaders are render-pass friendly. I did set the min and max distance values, both for the camera and the shaders attributes.

Maybe I'm making some silly but grave mistake; maybe Maya 2011 is really more bug-packed than a swamp. Either way, I need a depth pass.

Can you help me finding a way out?

Thank you,
Alberto.

Return to posts index

keith mcgregor
Re: No depth out of Maya 2011
on Feb 3, 2012 at 10:23:21 pm

Hey there, sorry to be so late. Here's what I learned:

Use exr for file type
set framebuffer quality to 16 bit half (it's still floating point or so I have read) for a better quality
and use the camera depth remapped, set your limits and you should be good to go!
I have also been using the luma pass preset from the old render layers presets and rendered out 16 bit tiffs and got a better look than the normal 8 bit renders.
Hope this helps!
-Keith

Reality? What did you make it?

Return to posts index

Alberto Brancolini
Re: No depth out of Maya 2011
on Apr 16, 2012 at 8:27:35 pm

Thank you!
Sorry for being much more late.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved