Want to select all keyframes nested in a group in the graph editor

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Cheah
Want to select all keyframes nested in a group in the graph editor
on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:55:57 pm

Hey all,

Quick Question,
I've imported a character with an animation into one of my scenes and I want to sync up the character's animation with the rest of my scene.

What's the best way to move all the keyframes nested within a group along the graph editor? I would just select all of them in the graph editor, but there are a lot of nested groups and when I select the group in the graph editor there's no "Expand All" option that I can find. Without it I have to twirl down each individual group so I can shift-select all of the keyframes at once and it takes me about 5 minutes each time I want to move the animation backwards or forwards in time.

Does this make sense? I'm sure there's a very easy way to do it, I've just never encountered this problem before.
Let me know if I should explain it better. Thanks for your time guys.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Want to select all keyframes nested in a group in the graph editor
on Dec 7, 2011 at 5:39:40 pm

Shift-click on a plus sign next to an object's name to fully expand or collapse the hierarchy under it.

Works in the Outliner and in Outliner-type panels like the one on the left in your Graph Editor. An invaluable tool that some of us went years and years without knowing about. :)

-Steve

Return to posts index

Matt Cheah
Re: Want to select all keyframes nested in a group in the graph editor
on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:32:29 pm

Amazing, Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]