FORUMS: list search recent posts

How and where to enter Fcheck options (on MAC) to prevent automatic rescaling of large images ???

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian de Vietri
How and where to enter Fcheck options (on MAC) to prevent automatic rescaling of large images ???
on Nov 27, 2011 at 10:34:09 pm

Hi everyone

I'm having a major problem with Fcheck - every time I import a large image it resizes it automatically to a fraction of its size.

According to the Autodesk Maya Online Help there is a command that will "Display images in full resolution preventing automatic rescaling of large images." ...that command is -F

My question to you is how and where do I enter that command?

The basic thing I need to do is create a large scale depth map image...

please please help, I haven't been able to find any info on any other forums!

thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: How and where to enter Fcheck options (on MAC) to prevent automatic rescaling of large images ???
on Nov 28, 2011 at 2:57:08 pm

You'll need to enter it in a console of some sort. I'm not a Mac guy, but if you look around for how to access a 'console' or a 'system prompt' or a 'command line' in your operating system, you'll probably find your answer quickly.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Christian de Vietri
Re: How and where to enter Fcheck options (on MAC) to prevent automatic rescaling of large images ???
on Nov 28, 2011 at 7:42:01 pm

thanks for your reply Steve - As far as I understand I can enter command lines in to the Terminal, but that doesn't seem to do anything...

for example i enter "fcheck -F" and it says
-bash: fcheck: command not found

or I enter "fcheck -F myfile.ext" myfile being the file that is currently open in Fcheck and the terminal says again
-bash: fcheck: command not found

Do you have any other suggestions?
Is anyone else having this problem?

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Dec 5, 2011 at 2:49:09 pm

Maybe it's a path issue. Instead of just 'fcheck' you might need to put in the whole path to where fcheck is located.

On a PC, this could be worked around by adding fcheck's path to the system search paths, so that the OS automatically looked for it in the appropriate folder. I have a vague recollection of someone setting up something similar in a Mac environment for me once, but I don't recall the details, sorry.

Good luck!

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]