FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Fillet Curve

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Luchini Duca
Error Fillet Curve
on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:44:55 pm

Hi all,
suddenly I can no longer smooth EP Curves ... . Despite two selections that are touching and curves give the Fillet Curves command, I get this error :
//Error: filletCurve1 (Fillet Curve): failed to compute the result.

I don't understand. Until yesterday it worked ... Maybe I have touched on something that I should not?
(Into Outliner it creates a fillettedCurve1 but nothing happens on the spline, so you cant ...
The values of the Fillet Curve are normal: Trim selected, Circular Radius of 2,000, selected and Apply for send command). Can you help me? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Error Fillet Curve
on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:47:37 pm

Circular radius of 2,000? Or of 2.000? That's a big difference.

Also, what degree are your curves?

-Steve

Return to posts index

Simon Luchini Duca
on Nov 24, 2011 at 7:52:21 am

Hi Steve,
I don't understand: cant't use comma (,)... I can just write value with dot (.) for ex. 0.500 or 1.000, or 2. 000 and I can't reite value like 0,500 or 1,000

I've to do only some smoothing curve between 90° or 45° curves .

Many thx!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Nov 24, 2011 at 2:47:46 pm

Yes, but in your original message you did use a comma, so I wanted to clarify if you were using 2.000 or 2,000 for your radius in Maya.

You misunderstand when I ask about curve degree. Maya can create NURBS curves with several different levels of curvature, which are called 'degrees'. The most common values are 1 and 3. A degree-1 curve will be made up of perfectly straight segments between each point, and will touch each CV. A degree-3 curve will actually be curved, and will not necessarily touch any except the first and last CVs. Curves can also be degree 2, 5, 7, etc., but these are rarely used. You can check the degree of a curve by looking at its Shape node in your attribute editor. I think if you have created a degree 1 curve instead of a degree 3 curve the Fillet operation will fail, which is why I asked.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Simon Luchini Duca
on Nov 24, 2011 at 3:11:26 pm

Hi Steve,
sorry for my mistake...
No, degree curve was 3 but if I want to make a Fillet curve between these curve I've to use 0.1 bis 0.2 values but i Can't use value like 1.000 (default value) or 2.000 or more... therefore I can't understand witch values can I use between two curves ( Degree 3), what have I to consider befor to put a value for Fillet Curve...
Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Nov 28, 2011 at 2:40:18 pm

If you leave History turned on, you should be able to change the value even after you've used the tool... does that help?

Maybe try rebuilding the curves first, so that they have more CVs.

Sorry, I wish I had more suggestions, but it's hard to guess without having the actual scene.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]