FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bumping inot problem in supplying efficient particles

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mostafa Talebi
Bumping inot problem in supplying efficient particles
on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:44:02 pm

Hello
as you see in picture below I have turned on the cycle animation on emitter and attaching it to a turbulence field to make some curve-base movement of the particles' streaks.
but I don't get enough particles to make a smooth streak, and when I increase the "rate", I only get more streaks and not more particles in the streaks, how can I supply enough particles for the already made streaks?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Bumping inot problem in supplying efficient particles
on Sep 26, 2011 at 7:35:38 pm

Why are you using the 'cycle animation' setting? Do you actually want it to cycle or are you using this as a method of emitting the same pattern of 5 or 6 particles to emit over and over, resulting in the curving trails of particles we see in your screenshot?

If you are not actually cycling animation, I would probably use a different method. But what is the final effect you are after? Will these trails change shape? Will the particles stay attached to them or move along them? In the final render do you want them to look like particles or like a solid curve?

-Steve

Return to posts index

Mostafa Talebi
on Sep 26, 2011 at 7:43:53 pm

Thanks

I need a bunch of streaks to move around. I don't want the particles to lose there tightness within the streaks and keeping the shape of streaks is important, such as legs of an octopus or the stem of sea-plants or some organic sort of look.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:15:51 pm

I guess I'm not understanding why you want to use particles for this. If you want the line to be unbroken, wouldn't a thin tube of geometry be more appropriate? You could make a curve a softbody, animate the (invisible) particles controlling it to produce wavy motion, then extrude a circle along the curve to create a tube.

If you do need to stick with particles, frankly I think I'd still start with some softbody curves and then use particle goals to stick them along its length.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Mostafa Talebi
on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:50:34 pm

Thanks

I totally found out what you mean, and it came to act as a solution

thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]