FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha channel problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john titor
Alpha channel problem
on Sep 18, 2011 at 9:26:01 pm

Hi, I have a problem or lack of knowledge on this particular area, I'm rendering out my scene, but the only issue is that my alpha channel is coming up solid black, as opposed to transparent and I have no way of keying it out or don't know of such a method in photoshop or AE, such that my background layer is invisible under this. I have a hdri lighting set up in maya, maybe this is causing it?

Return to posts index

john titor
Re: Alpha channel problem
on Sep 18, 2011 at 10:28:14 pm

Bit more info, the problem dissapears with the beauty and master beauty render passes, but for shadows, spec, indirect, diffuse, the black un-removable background appears. I'm rendering it out as TGAs.

Return to posts index

john titor
on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:13:41 pm

Just for anyone who may have the same problem the solution is simple, if you know where to look, double click on your render passes, eg beauty, spec etc, which will bring up a menu screen in the attribute editor, the channels for each pass are set to 3 by default for some unknown reason. Set them to 4 and you'll get your alpha channel.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:30:45 pm

Thanks for posting the solution John.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
on Sep 21, 2011 at 7:51:10 pm

^ I second that. I just ran into this issue only a few days ago. I used a workaround. Will try this asap, cheers. Would save a lot of work in the future.

Ben van H.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]