FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have sequence of image files but want to HOLD the last image

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank neill
I have sequence of image files but want to HOLD the last image
on Sep 12, 2011 at 10:04:53 pm

Hello, somewhere there is a button that tells maya to hold onto the last frame in an image sequence.. I can’t find it now.. right now my image seqence runs through and then disapears on the last frame where I would like it hold.. I know there is way.. Any help on this?

UPDATE! I just found the answer below by searching and searching BUT do not know how to do the keyframing part. I can not figure it out, but Iam getting close!

>>>>>>>>by default when you turn on a image sequence is puts a expression on the frame extension field to make it the same as the current frame of animation. If you want to hold a frame you have to break the connection on the frame extension field (right click on it) and then manually keyframe the frame extension to go to the field you want.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: I have sequence of image files but want to HOLD the last image
on Sep 13, 2011 at 8:44:36 pm

In general you can right-click on just about any attribute in Maya and choose 'Set Key' to create a keyframe. So if your image sequence is 100 frames long, then you would go to frame 1, set the value to 1, keyframe it, then go to frame 100, set the value to 100, and keyframe it again. By default Maya should hold that last value for all frames beyond 100.

You could also work with the existing expression, though. If your sequence goes from frames 25 - 300, for example, you could replace the expression (which is something like "nodeName.frameExtension = frame" by default) with an expression which clamps the values between your minimum and maximum: "nodeName.frameExtension = clamp(25, 300, frame)" should do the trick.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]