FORUMS: list search recent posts

New To Maya-Animation Render?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Hicks
New To Maya-Animation Render?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:19:00 pm

Hi, I'm 15 and am running an educational liscense of maya. When I'm older, I want to be an animator. So, I got it yesterday, and I can already apply textures, from files, and as a test made a bunch of Minecraft bricks. I am now trying to have my camera fly around my map. I added a camera, named camera1. So, the issue is, I can't seem to get the rendering right. I have 2 main issues. 1: How do I assign the camera that should be followed? And 2: How can I render every frame of my scene? When I render it, it appears as if the camera is still. This may be me rendering wrong, or just a follow up to my 1st question, as the camera is not "active" , as in we're seeing it's view. If someone could explain, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
-Alex

Return to posts index

Tin Rabzelj
Re: New To Maya-Animation Render?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:39:32 pm

Before every render you need to adjust your render settings. Simply go to "window/rendering editors/Render settings". From there you can basically change everything. Under "renderable cameras" you pick your scene camera, in your case camera1. Then name your file, and pick your prefered file format, and under "Frame/Animation ext" option select anything but "(single frame)". That allows you to render a sequence, which lenght and stuff you can adjust under "Frame range". It's very simple, then just look other options that you have in here for other adjustments that you need...

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Sep 13, 2011 at 7:00:39 pm

If you are new to Maya, check out all the tutorials from Deepfriedectoplasm on You-Tube!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 13, 2011 at 8:36:06 pm

You might also be interested in trying out the camera fly tool (View > Camera Tools > Fly Tool). It's not for rendering, but it will let you explore your scene as if you were playing a game.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]