FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving a grouped object (one bit is out of «sync»)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Bisson
moving a grouped object (one bit is out of «sync»)
on Aug 31, 2011 at 12:23:13 am

Hi all,
I’m new to Maya and this forum.
I have what I hope is a simple enough question. I am modelling an antique phone. I finished modelling the dial part, which is comprised of several different little part (buttons, dial plate, etc). I opened the outliner and organized all the parts under one groupe named DIAL. My problem : when I select the DIAL groupe and attempt to move it into place on the base of the phone, there is one little bit that moves out of sync with the rest of the object. It kind of jumps ahead of the rest of the groupe. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Philippe
PS: please let me know if my explanation is unclear. Thanks. :o)

Return to posts index

Shahin Ghahremani
Re: moving a grouped object (one bit is out of «sync»)
on Aug 31, 2011 at 12:47:21 pm

Hi Philippe,
This problem usually occurs when you haven't clear your objects' history, yet! When you are modeling, once you are done with a part and feel satisfy so you don't want to change it anymore, you'd better delete the object's history. so now Select all the objects within the Dial Group and then go to Edit > Delete by Type > History, after cleaning your history of each and every objects you should be able to move them all through their root group. :)
Hope it helps!

Shahin

--------------------------------------------------------
Please visit my YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Animationstudies

Return to posts index

Philippe Bisson
Re: moving a grouped object (one bit is out of «sync»)
on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:28:50 pm

Thanks Shahin,
That worked perfectly. I was hoping it was something simple. I had been deleting the histories as I went, but I must have forgotten one. :o)

Thanks again.
Philippe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]