FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D paint in Maya 2011

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tegan Radford
3D paint in Maya 2011
on May 27, 2011 at 2:42:49 pm

Hey guys!

So i am a complete noob and creating a biped model in MAya which needs to be coloured in. i have been trying to use the 3d paint function as i dont really understand how to make a uv work.

the problem im having with the paint is that when i paint on one section say green, it randomly puts green in another section of my model. so im doing just the arm at the moment which i created using extrude then moving vertices and that around to the correct positions.

screenshot2011-05-27at10.36.51pm.png

screenshot2011-05-27at10.36.41pm.png

as you can see (hopefully) i didnt paint "it outside the lines" on purpose when i filled in the other side it just randomly painted where i didnt want it too.

if anyone knows how i can solve this that would be really cool.
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
Re: 3D paint in Maya 2011
on May 27, 2011 at 5:31:24 pm

Hi Tegan,
I'm not sure how to explain how to do that in just one post. It's kind of involved. But I highly recommend you check out digital tutors tutorial "Texture Painting with Maya and Photoshop". There are some concepts that I think are fundamental to texturing and painting that I know I could not figure out on my own. This tutorial will teach you how to use UVs and use the 3d paint function. I tried to learn that on my own and it was really frustrating. The tutorials really make a difference.
Best of Luck.

-Grant Gomm
http://www.blacklionproductions.com

Return to posts index

Tegan Radford
on May 28, 2011 at 5:09:35 am

Hey Grant!

Thank you so much, I was freaking out as my assignment due date is fast looming!
I went to the digital tutors website and actually signed up for months account and found tutorials on uv mapping, 3D painting etc and using photoshop to paint instead, which is a lot more accurate! and definately would not have figured out on my own, so thanks again! :)

Tegan

Return to posts index

Grant Gomm
on May 28, 2011 at 3:12:26 pm

Sure Tegan. I hope you find it as helpful as I did. Best of luck.

-Grant Gomm
http://www.blacklionproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]