FORUMS: list search recent posts

tga to movie

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Jensen
tga to movie
on May 19, 2011 at 9:54:45 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have a series of 1000 tgas from a scene I rendered in Maya. (~1000x700 pixels or so) People have recommended using fcheck, videodub, and adobe media encoder for turning it into a movie and I am running into issues where the computer just slows to a crawl and takes hours to do anything when I have the images loaded in. I would ideally just like to play them back at 60 fps. Like media encoder takes forever to select them all so I can specify a particular codec output and doesn't even let me specify 60 fps. In fcheck I can't even see a normal video output file type such as avi, mov, mpeg or anything.

Am I missing something here? I feel like a 30s-1m movie shouldn't be that taxing to compile on an i5 computer with 4 gigs of ram. Thanks so much for your help and I'm sorry if this is a noob question!

Return to posts index

Stephen Jensen
Re: tga to movie
on May 19, 2011 at 11:31:15 pm

So I ended up figuring it out and the key is that virtual dub is pretty awesome but you need the images to proceed 1,2,3,... In maya I skipped every other frame so it only had odd numbers and virtual dub wouldn't import it. You then just install a bunch of codecs if you are in windows and you should be able to save it as an xvid and still have it look nice.

I still don't know why adobe media encoder didn't have better performance but it doesn't really matter now. I hope this helps someone! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]