FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boujou import into Maya problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Lyons
Boujou import into Maya problem
on May 14, 2011 at 2:31:45 am

I'm having a tracking problem on one of my tracks from Boujou to Maya. The track is perfect in boujou, 24 fps, assessed lens distortion, test objects staying put etc. When I bring it into Maya the objects begin to float and don't stay tracked.

Anyone know the problem? I made sure the fps were the same from Boujou to Maya, and also rendered the lens distorted tiff sequence from boujou to Maya. I'm a bit lost at this point and not sure where to go considering the lack of boujou training materials or professional forums.

Any help or a point in the right direction (another board maybe?) would be awesome. I can upload my project files if that would help.

Return to posts index

Nick Lyons
Re: Boujou import into Maya problem
on May 15, 2011 at 6:40:09 pm

Anyone have a thought on this? I've searched high and low, but not finding much on this anywhere.

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
on May 22, 2011 at 4:01:35 pm

Ahh, matchmoving.. I feel your pain.

The problem _might_ be in the focal length. If you know the focal length used in the plate, try adding it to your Boujou solution. That's really the only thing that I can think of that you haven't checked for yourself yet (or forgot to mention).

If that doesn't work either, try PFTrack instead. I use both, because sometimes Boujou gives a better solve than PFTrack and the other way round. It's equally easy to learn. A nice thing about PFTrack is that there are some very decent tutorials/courses out there. Check FXPHD for those.

And if all else fails, check the matchmoving bible: http://www.amazon.com/Matchmoving-Invisible-Art-Camera-Tracking/dp/07821440...

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

Jeremy Ezekiel
on May 23, 2011 at 3:33:21 am

Hi!

You might want to check your grid scale in Maya vs the real scale of your scene. For example, if you are trying to track a cube that is 1 meter long, make sure your grid is 1m long (default is usually 10cm if I recall well) and then create a cube that fills the entire grid. Scale up (or down accordingly) your locators' group so that they line up with the cube. It should reproduce exactly what you are seeing in Boujou/pfTrack.

Return to posts index

Michael van Dalen
on Oct 15, 2016 at 11:21:41 am

Hey

I know this an old post, but i´m wondering if you have solved this problem. I encounter the same problem as you. I use pftrack and as you my objects are floating instead of sticking to the given place.
I hope you can help me, because i´m searching for an solution but i can´t find it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]