FORUMS: list search recent posts

render problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonn Harden Jr
render problem
on May 9, 2011 at 8:34:35 pm

screenshot2011-05-09at2.45.58pm.png

Get this black render on some objects when trying to render out in Maya. Trying to do some Lynda tutorials and this happens. Can anyone help me fix this.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: render problem
on May 9, 2011 at 9:09:31 pm

Hello Anton, Need more details like what type of material are you assigning to the surface etc. Do you have any lights in the scene, have you adjusted the diffuse or color in any way after you assigned the material? Let us know.

Stu

Return to posts index

Antonn Harden Jr
on May 9, 2011 at 9:12:18 pm

I haven't changed anything. Just trying to do some lynda tutorials and these are from the files that come with the tutorials. Though, I just seen this error at the bottom when in render view and maybe it is related.

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Shader) : Dog20Rigged:file5: referenced texture file "C:/Users/George Maestri/Desktop/Exercise_Files/Chap_02//sourceimages/Dog_Head.jpg" doesn't exist, ignored

I think this is saying a file that it needs is not found. Which would lead me to a question? Does Maya 2011 support opening files from a external hard drive because when I try to open a file from mine, it is greyed out and won't let me grab the file to open?

Return to posts index

sushil sharma
on May 11, 2011 at 2:10:33 pm

it is possibly that your texture is not there. just open hypershade and in that textures tab. you will see swatches (thumbnails) of avaialble textures. if textures are black then click on textures and assign the correct path to them.
helpful tip: if rendering shows black check alpha channel if it is present then most common reason is texture file unavailability.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]