FORUMS: list search recent posts

text flow trouble

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Curella
text flow trouble
on Apr 29, 2011 at 1:59:50 pm

I'm having trouble getting text to flow around a circle properly. I attached the text object and the circle to a motion path which seems to work fine. But when I try to create a flow path to wrap the text object to the circle, the latisse for the flow path is wrapped around the text object instead of the circle. Any idea what I may be doing wrong here?

Thanks, Joe

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: text flow trouble
on Apr 29, 2011 at 5:42:42 pm

Hey Joe, here's a tutorial that covers some common text flow problems and how to fix it. Hope this helps. Stu

Return to posts index

Joseph Curella
on Apr 30, 2011 at 12:33:22 am

Hey Stuart! Huge fan of your maya tutorials here! I was actually using your evolution tutorial to build the project I was having trouble with. Problem solved. In the flow path object box, it was set at default to wrap lattise around the object instead on the circle. All I had to do was change the setting in the box. Also used your deep fried ectoplasma tutorial to fix the off set text at the start point. I know have a perfect recreation of your text wrap projext with my band name!!! Great tutorials thanks for all your help!!!

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:37:56 am

Wow! Many problems solved! In all, its a good days work! Band Logos are perfect for the curved text styles! Glad I could help. Keep on learning! Stu

Return to posts index

Joseph Curella
on May 5, 2011 at 10:13:41 am

Hey Stuart, Just wanted to show you my final version of the text flow project that I did for my band! Check out the model I put in the center. I made it from a bald female face. The hair is entirely made up of extruded polygons (about 200.) http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt318/jcurella/?action=view¤t=Movi...

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on May 6, 2011 at 12:37:32 am

Hey Joseph, it looks like you solved the "curved text mystery" and everything looks awesome. I like the type style for the band name! Are you going to add some sort of light to make the name stand out more when it rotates around the front? That would be some good icing on the cake! Job well done! I'm glad you're learning lots! All the best. Stu

Return to posts index

Joseph Curella
on May 6, 2011 at 8:23:44 pm

thanks for taking the time to check out my work Stuart! I really appreciate the idea for the lighting. I will give it a try. BTW, I'm very great full for all that I've learned from your tutorials. I'm an excellent audio producer and I have a very advanced audio studio. If you ever need any audio/ sounf fx work for your animations just give me a shout. I've been programming analog and digital synths for over 15 years. And produce complete industrial/techno compositions. you can check out my music here on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CyberChime/126351768017?sk=app_2405167945

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]