FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rigid Body animation issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tibor Bernscherer
Rigid Body animation issue
on Apr 16, 2011 at 9:36:22 pm

Hi,

Having some difficulties with an animation export. I have a business plate, with letters falling off of it. Whenever I play it back in Maya, it works just fine, like a dream. I rendered a 200 frames targa sequence, and it seems that something goes wrong, it just doesn't look right, looks like the animation is skipping actions (the setup is 24 fps, so as the playback, so it can't be) but only at the beginning, never at the middle or the end. Have anyone came across with issues like this before? I'm a bit puzzled, not really sure what causes this. Is there any way you can be sure that you'll see exactly what you have seen in Maya after exporting?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Rigid Body animation issue
on Apr 20, 2011 at 3:07:58 pm

Hi Tibor.

Once you're happy with the simulation in Maya, you should use 'Edit > Keys > Bake Simulation' to convert the dynamic simulation into a series of animation curves. Then it should render out exactly as you see it in Maya.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Tibor Bernscherer
on Apr 20, 2011 at 7:00:02 pm

Thanks, I made other mistakes too, left the history in and it messed up the scene. Also I figured that area light doesn't work with MR, it seems that it behaves like a point light, which is strange but that what's happening in my scene. Thanks anyway, rendering now, hope it will work just fine.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Apr 21, 2011 at 3:32:56 pm

Good job.

Yes, MR has its own workflow for area lights, which can be made out of different shapes, not just Maya's rectangles. And you're correct; Maya's area lights are not interpreted as area lights by MR by default.

Good luck with the animation.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]