FORUMS: list search recent posts

hypershade

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
felicity hooper
hypershade
on Mar 28, 2011 at 1:10:49 pm

i am quite new to maya, i have textured a few scenes before without problems but just recently when i open up hypershade, after assigning the lambert to the material and selecting to add a file it has not been working. before when i did this, after selecting to add a file the nobject turned white, and then after i had selected the file it would texture, but now it does not turn white and if i continue and select the file nothing happens,but hypershade is still working on my old scenes
thankyou

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
Re: hypershade
on Mar 30, 2011 at 5:17:34 pm

I have exactly the same problem. The process goes:
select object
right click assign new material
choose 'lambert' (for example)
click the color swatch thing
add a 'file' node
see the error:
// Error: No object matches name: lambert2.color //

...so I have to manually find and connect the file node to the lambert material node in the hypershade.

Sometimes this problem doesn't happen - the file gets automatically connected like it always did in the pre-Maya 2011 versions.

But in the good-old-days of pre-2011 versions I could also press 'return' after I'd typed a value into a text box and it would confirm/leave the text box. Can't do that any more. I have to click in some empty space instead (thereby deselecting whatever I had selected - even if it's a precise group of vertices which may have taken 5 minutes to carefully select). Which is a REAL pain, seeing as an average Maya user must enter text/numbers into boxes HUNDREDS of times per day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]