FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outliner Full of Weird Stuff (Picture Attached)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Outliner Full of Weird Stuff (Picture Attached)
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:34:43 pm

My Outliner has a bunch of stuff in it that I don't need. It's a new scene, so I don't know why, and I'd like to delete it but can't.

I have been working from a tutorial file, so maybe that caused the problem? But I've closed and re-opened Maya, and hane even set the project to a different place on the HD. So I don't know why this stuff is still lingering in the scene.

Using:
Mac Snow Leopard
Maya 2011

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Outliner Full of Weird Stuff (Picture Attached)
on Mar 21, 2011 at 12:00:25 am

No need to worry, that's just default items that comprise a new scene. Sometimes it's good to see that stuff but not until you really need it. To narrow it down to just the essentials you simply go to the outliner and from the "display menu" just make sure there is a check mark in the box that says DAG objects only. That will limit the outliner to show just the items you are creating. Sometimes this is good, but in the future you will probably need to see all that extra stuff anyway so just get used to it. Hope that helps. Stu

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
on Mar 21, 2011 at 3:32:00 pm

Thanks for responding, Stuart. Prior to seeing your response, I just opened another tutorial project I assume with the instructor's settings, and that cleared it out. But I'll keep note of your suggestion should it happen again. Glad to know nothing's wrong :)

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Mar 21, 2011 at 4:26:21 pm

You are welcome! Also, make note that there is a setting in your main Maya preferences that enables you to change how you want Maya to save a file/preferences after you close-out. I have many times opened a project file and closed without checking my default settings and have had many a headache due to Maya saving the settings from the last project I opened and closed. Very frustrating to reset all sorts of stuff! Also, if you are learning Maya check out all my tutorials on You-Tube, I have about 80 posted so far, all of them covering core concepts you must know. Just do a search on you-tube for "deepfriedectoplasm" "Stuart Christensen". Enjoy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]