FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nasty Seam Problem!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Smith
Nasty Seam Problem!
on Feb 28, 2011 at 6:24:36 pm

I've just finished my character model and my last step was to join the head and the body together.
Now I have a horrible line going around the neck?

Here's some pictures, I uploaded the edge one because it seemed odd and I think it might be the problem but how do I fix it?

Return to posts index

Tibor Bernscherer
Re: Nasty Seam Problem!
on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:32:05 pm

I'd align the vertexes on both sides before getting the body to join with the head. You can do it by selecting all the vertexes along the neck line and scale them down along the Y axis. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Tibor Bernscherer
on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:39:48 pm

Did you merge the vertexes?

Return to posts index

Anna Smith
on Feb 28, 2011 at 9:57:25 pm

Yes the vertices are all merged, it's now one object thats the problem, I don't understand why it's caused a seam?

Return to posts index

Tibor Bernscherer
on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:17:26 pm

That's not a problem, you can still cut the object, or delete a raw of faces along the neck and then align the vertexes and attach the two object together again. I always snap the vertex to the other point, just to make sure that all the points are aligned.

Return to posts index

Anna Smith
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:15:53 am

I tried that, merged them all again and I still get that seam, I want it to be all the same colour with no line at the neck.

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
on Mar 23, 2011 at 2:32:29 am

I think you will find that the seam is a normal issue. Either harden or soften the normals and this seam should disappear. This will be under Normals > Soften Edge or Normals Harden Edge.

Hope this works. Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]