FORUMS: list search recent posts

Baseline design skills needed?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kat hayes
Baseline design skills needed?
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:56:21 am

How much artistic background, drawing, designing do you need for being good with Maya? Can you get good with the program without an understanding of graphic design, color theory, etc.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Baseline design skills needed?
on Feb 25, 2011 at 11:49:16 pm

Hello Kat, I guess the analogy would be "can a brain surgeon operate on a patient with only a limited knowledge of the brains anatomy?" I'm not a brain surgeon but I'm almost positive I could operate on the brain but I don't really know what the outcome would be, and I'm certain it would not end well!

However, anyone interested in Maya enough to learn some basics can use the program in a very short time. I wouldn't expect pixar quality end results but sure, students can learn a lot in a short time. For intro Maya stuff, it should be more about learning the core concepts of how to use the program, and then the color, design, and graphics elements come into the picture as a byproduct of learning about how to use Maya in all sorts of different ways.

Just my opinion anyways! Stu

Return to posts index

Mathias Duch
Re: Baseline design skills needed?
on Jun 6, 2011 at 11:46:40 am

i have no experince with drawing or other ways of "artsy" things and im doing fine! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]