FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie question

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rainey
Newbie question
on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:52:19 am

Probably two really dumb questions to most of you using maya...but here goes.

1. How do you pivot your view around an object that is selected. When I pivot sometimes it won't pivot around what I am looking at but seems like the pivot point is at some other location. Is it a setting or key command? I am on a mac.

2. I have recently been taking a tutorial on fxphd Maya Rendering and Lighting. One of the courses has objects in the scene with decals(stills) on the surfaces of a jet and other objects in the scene. None of them show up. Could I have something turned off in maya that won't render surfaces(decals). Another example is a picture of wood grain that is on a bed in the room. I can see it references a picture, but am not sure if I am just missing it within the tutorial files or I have something turned off and the picture is embeded onto the object and file...?

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ben van Hamelen
Re: Newbie question
on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:17:59 am

1. Select the object and press 'F'. It'll make the camera zoom in on the object. 3D camera's, like the perspective camera, will also pivot around this object.

2. I'm not entirely sure what it is you mean. Does it show up when you render? If it does, but doesn't in your viewport, go into your viewport, go to view and check if you selected the right stuff.

Cheers,

Ben van H.

http://www.fireinthesole.com/

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: Newbie question
on Mar 23, 2011 at 2:37:10 am

First try pressing F6 to enable texture mode. If the textures are mapped properly they will then show up. If they aren't mapped correctly you will have to select the object and go into the material values in the Attribute Editor then remap them yourself. If you are new to Maya locate a texturing tutorial on the net. There are heaps of them around and you will be a pro in no time. By the sounds of it one of these if not both is your problem. Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]