FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need 3D for K12

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ted irving
Need 3D for K12
on Feb 8, 2011 at 3:11:02 am

Do any of you animators know of any programs that produce some basic, yet nice 3D animations very easily, which can then be imported in After Effects? Our academy program focuses more on film and ENG production. We don't have any animation software or anyone trained to use it who could teach our students. However, if there were a simple program out there or some type of royalty free stock of animated scenery & objects we could buy that would render in AE & Motion that would be great. Thanks

Ted Irving
Content Freelancer
Media Instructor
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Need 3D for K12
on Feb 9, 2011 at 8:23:26 pm

Hello Ted, unfortunately the word "easy" combined with "animation" is rarely achieved, due to the complexity of knowledge needed to create 3D characters and scenes. But there is hope! For the most part, Maya will probably always be a preferred 3D application so teaching students early will greatly help them along the "new frontier" of 3D graphics and design. Autodesk has a student and faculty discount for Maya software that runs about $500 for a perpetual student edition.

On a basic level, Maya is an easy program to create animated objects and stuff to demonstrate how to use the graphics in a composite or in After Effects. Maya can be as complicated or as easy as you want. As a way of helping students learn the "core concepts" of Maya, I have created a You-Tube tutorial channel called (deepfriedectoplasm) that covers lot's of basic creation type animations and how to use them in After Effects, just do a search on you tube for Stuart Christensen or deepfriedectoplasm (one word) and you will land on some tutorials and then you can go directly to the channel and check some of it out to see if that's what you may need to get your students rolling!

I hope that helps. Cheers! Stu

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Need 3D for K12
on Feb 14, 2011 at 11:52:22 pm

Hey Ted, usually on forums where you ask a question and it is responded to, proper etiquette would be a simple response either saying our efforts to help you were either good or bad. Remember, everyone who participates on the creative cow forums do so for free, and usually the only satisfaction that we get out of the whole exchange is knowing that we have helped you in some way with a Maya question. When an exchange is not acknowledged, it sort of makes us think "why the hell should I care about your question?" OK....Rant over. I hope you understand

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]