FORUMS: list search recent posts

flow path motion with a tube (how to properly flow and not bend all over the place)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Diepenhorst
flow path motion with a tube (how to properly flow and not bend all over the place)
on Feb 1, 2011 at 1:26:21 pm

Hello,

I was trying out somehting I haven't used before, I checked the 3D ribbon tutorial and started playing around with it, ending up testing something I saw in a movie ending a couple days ago.

Anyway, I wanted to use the ribbon effect on tube, the tube travels allong not a curved line like in the tutorial but I wanted to make like a square angle of 45 degrees.
Now the problem is this, I linked the tube to the 45 degreed figure, it goes around the corner without bending, since the tutorial spoke of Flow path object I figured that might be the answer. It wasn't, if I place that on my tube it bends entirely and goes all over the place because of the angle of 45 degrees.

What I wanted to result to be, the best thing to compare would be the game Snake everyone knows. The snake moves left and the rest of the body turns right where the head did almost like a train.

In order to add that to my tube, what do I need to do?
I am using Maya 2011.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]