FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pencil Curve Tool and Changing to Linear

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Schuran
Pencil Curve Tool and Changing to Linear
on Jan 28, 2011 at 3:10:42 am

I must be missing something here with the settings in Maya, so hopefully someone can help me. I've looked endlessly on Google and this site.

I drew a curve using the pencil curve tool in Maya. I did some squiggles when drawing it to test how it would look when changed to linear. It seems Maya won't let me change it. I drew the curve, went into the attribute editor, and then tried to change the section where it is normally "3" for a more "relaxed curve" to a "1" for something more linear and blocky. It won't let me change that value. I can highlight it, but can't delete the value and scroll and lower it or anything.

I tried to select the same curve and perhaps rebuild curve, but still I can't change it. I deleted the curve, went to the pencil curve options and tried to select 1 for linear in the settings, and got an error saying something like, "flag -bezier."

What's confusing is the autodesk site makes it seem as if you can change this value with no problems:

http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2010help/index.html?url=Create__Pencil...

Am I missing something or are they wrong and it doesn't work? I am using Maya 2011.

Return to posts index

barry gene
Re: Pencil Curve Tool and Changing to Linear
on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:47:39 pm

this is a bit late for the above gentleman but for anyone else with this problem. I noticed in the script editor that "-bez 0" is causing an error. if you remove that from the command and run the line below in the mel window it should change to linear no problem.

curveSketchCtx -e -d 1 `currentCtx`;

you can also middle mouse drag this to the shelf if you are using it frequently

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]