FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya - VRay and nOParticles

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Torsten Müller
Maya - VRay and nOParticles
on Nov 29, 2010 at 1:10:02 am

Hi There!

I created a confetti cannon in maya, i tried different approaches, but the best result I got with nParticles. Especially, because, when the land on something, they behave like cloth and this is very cool.

Besides I'm not that big into Particles and Dynamics.

So, the rest of my scene is prepared for rendering with VRAY. all the Lights and Materials are Vray related. Looks nice, BUT:

VRay seems to have a problem with rendering the nParticles. It is rendering the confetti quite right, but the confetti pieces are instanced objects and the original particles are still there to see, and when I render, maya shows an error, that Vray is not able to render the particles correct and it (the renderer) uses shades spheres instead. So I have my beautiful confetti and thousends of spheres flying around my scene.

How can I fix this, because if I set the particles to be invisible in rendering, the confetti is also invisible.

any ideas?

cheers

Return to posts index

Baba Luba
Re: Maya - VRay and nOParticles
on Nov 30, 2010 at 7:42:51 pm

if anyone is interested, I got a solution with render layers, the particles are on another layer, then the instances, and the rest of the scene, so... gotcha

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]