FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blend Shapes with Separate Objects

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lutz Wong
Blend Shapes with Separate Objects
on Nov 21, 2010 at 7:47:37 pm

Hi there!

I'm having a problem with blend shapes, particularly with separate objects. My model has 2 sets of teeth as separate objects, which changes the point order of the base duplicate as well as the other blend shapes. I've tried using groups, but it still changes the point order. When I try to create deformers, it doesn't work!

My question is how can I create blend shapes, if I have 2 sets of buck teeth (cubes) on my rabbit head model as separate objects? The teeth have been parent constrained to the skeleton, so I don't know if I should combine the teeth with the body mesh. I think that will mess up the constrains. My assignment requires me to blendshape the head with teeth, so I can't just omit them.

Any ideas?

Help?

Return to posts index

John LaBrie
Re: Blend Shapes with Separate Objects
on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:14:45 am

Someone please reply, because I'm doing with almost exactly the same problem - except my character is not a rabbit. Eagerly awaiting response... thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Frank
Re: Blend Shapes with Separate Objects
on Nov 22, 2010 at 2:35:34 pm

Hmm.. I had never tried using groups with blendshapes until just now. I thought they wouldn't work that way at first. But now, I created a couple of sphere primitives, made a group.. duplicated it, tweaked it, and made the blendshape by selecting the two group nodes.

I ended up with a blendshape input I could tweak and both models would match the group just fine. Maybe there is something else about the rig thats in the way? Tried using duplicate special? Maybe there is something you have piped in there that when duplicating w/out history its getting messed up.

Grouping the models does seem like it could mess with your constraints tho.. could be a funky hierarchy

Mike Frank
Cave House Studios

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]