FORUMS: list search recent posts

Losing Time Slider settings

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Gadea
Losing Time Slider settings
on Nov 19, 2010 at 5:11:49 pm

Hi, I'm running Maya 2011 on an Intel PowerMac with OSX 10.6.

I don't understand why I'm losing my time slider settings for each project. I'll set the first frame of a project to 1 and the last to, say 64, and when I save and go back to the scene later it will be at 1 and 48.

I have a suspicion it's something in my preferences, but I have no idea where to go to fix it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Animation for Businesses

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Losing Time Slider settings
on Nov 19, 2010 at 7:58:02 pm

Hello William, yes...you can set the slider time in your preferences but the default is 1 and 48. When you start a new scene, generally you just enter the frame specs in the little boxes in the time slider area. You'll get the hang of it. STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

William Gadea
on Nov 19, 2010 at 9:18:27 pm

Thanks Stuart. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. I'm way short of an expert, but I've been working on Maya for a while, and my experience has always been that a scene KEEPS its slider settings when you save it. Something is happening whereby I have to reset the time slider every time I open the scene, and as you can imagine, that gets annoying. It's only been with this new version that this is happening.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

Animation for Businesses

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Nov 25, 2010 at 6:29:45 am

Hello William, I now understand! Yes that would be super annoying. I don't quite know what would be causing this. You are correct in that your settings for your slider should never change after you close the scene, and it should open exactly as you left it when you close the scene. If it were happening to me I would be extremely "STRESSED" to the point of maybe calling Autodesk if you can't isolate what is happening. There's probably a startup preference list file that you will need to trash and then when you start up Maya again, all the default settings will restore themselves. Did this just happen out of the blue? or, have you done anything unusual in a scene lately that crashed the program. Also, are you on a MAC or PC? Let me know! Thanks! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
on Nov 29, 2010 at 3:47:34 pm

The timeSlider settings are stored in your Maya scene file as an attribute of the sceneConfigurationScriptNode. If you have turned off Execute Script Nodes in theFile-> Open options, they will not be properly restored when you open the scene file.

Return to posts index

William Gadea
on Nov 30, 2010 at 3:11:54 pm

Brilliant! Thank you.

Animation for Businesses

Return to posts index

Önder Kılavuz
on Jun 16, 2013 at 2:03:58 am

Thanx a bunch.

Return to posts index