FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to activate pivot point in Maya 2011 on Macbook Pro?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Scarcell
How to activate pivot point in Maya 2011 on Macbook Pro?
on Nov 16, 2010 at 2:53:02 am

I am following the tutorials on page 60 of the “Introducing Maya 2011” by Derakhshani. I am using a MacBook Pro 17” and he says to use the “Home” button on the Mac to activate the pivot point so that I can move the pivot point from its origin of (0,0,0) to the center of a sphere object. However, there is no dedicated “Home” key on the MacBook Pro. Instead, the Mac help literature says to click the Command button and left arrow button at the same time to activate the “Home” key. This does not activate the pivot point. Is there another way to do this?

Sincerely,
Gregory

Return to posts index

Michael Frank
Re: How to activate pivot point in Maya 2011 on Macbook Pro?
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:50:41 pm

Hey you might have figured out something by now. But one way to get around this might be to edit the hotkey. Now by default.. on mine, I can either hit HOME or I can hold "d" and with "d" held down, the tool will let me edit the pivot point,

But if you want to change it. Go into Window -> Settings/Preferences -> Hotkey Editor. On the left hand column under Categories -- find Tools. In the middle find "Enter Edit Mode". Then put a key into the "Key" field and hit assign on the right.

Mike Frank
Cave House Studios

Return to posts index

Gregory Scarcell
Re: How to activate pivot point in Maya 2011 on Macbook Pro?
on Nov 20, 2010 at 3:29:38 am

Thanks for the response. Yes. I figured it out with responses on other forums.

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]