FORUMS: list search recent posts

rendering tiffs

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark francis
rendering tiffs
on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:39:20 pm

ive got a bunch of tips and when i batch render them they wont render. im using an ambient occlusion on eometry. i look in the, view sequence and i cant see frmes being rendered. im stuck on frame 1 and i see fetching next to the thumnail being rendered. after about 10 min batch render closes by itself. cany you help? im using imac osx

Return to posts index

Gail Ellison
Re: rendering tiffs
on Nov 6, 2010 at 3:19:51 pm

If no one has helped you yet, let me say this: I had to disable the firewall on my PC to get Maya 2011 to even think about batch render. The first time I did one, I forgot and selected the compressed tiff, which After Effects would not recognize. The second time, I made sure to select uncompressed tiff. For some reason I am now looking at a new set of tiffs that AE still will not accept. So I'm still debugging the format issue, but at least the batch render is working.

Return to posts index

mark francis
on Nov 7, 2010 at 10:13:55 am

cheers but i dont know how to disable firewall

Return to posts index

Gail Ellison
on Nov 7, 2010 at 3:07:06 pm

You go to the control panel (If a PC; if a Mac, I don't know). Go to the security settings and you should see an option to turn off the firewall. I'm still finding that if I render a still, no problems. If I batch render, I am unable to open the images in Photoshop (or After Effects). I have tried setting to tiff, uncompressed tiff, targa and png. No luck. I would try a different version of Maya, but would have to use the PC's in the lab at my school. Sadly they lack the RAM for my files. I am stuck trouble shooting Maya 2011.

Return to posts index

Michael Frank
on Nov 8, 2010 at 7:57:30 am

I'm not on 2011 but I'm curious if maybe the "Framebuffer" default settings might have changed. It could be that Maya is rendering out to a higher bit depth than is allowed by AE and PS. Just a stab in the dark.

Mike Frank
Cave House Studios

Return to posts index

sushil sharma
on May 11, 2011 at 2:34:42 pm

if you are rendering with mental ray possible cause may be
you have loaded another renderer into maya whose attributes are conflicting with mental ray(in my case it was maxwell). simply uncheck auto load in plugin manager for that renderer and restart maya. check to make sure that renderer is not loaded and then try again. good luck

Return to posts index

mark francis
on May 17, 2011 at 7:09:31 am

oes this mean i have to re render all my frames again in maya?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]