FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya "face" problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ed almadin
Maya "face" problem
on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:07:49 am

I would like to ask if anyone here can help me regarding of my MAYA problem. Every time I choose "face" to highlight a particular area, there are some parts of the polygon that keeps on including "itself" as highlighted causing it to be affected when every time I used extrude or re-scale... Im a new user of maya so I don't have that much knowledge regarding this..
I would really appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Maya "face" problem
on Oct 26, 2010 at 8:36:57 pm

Hello Ed, the problem sounds sort of simple in that when you are in face mode and highlighting the faces you want to affect, sometimes when you choose a face, another face on the opposite side or close to the opposite side will be selected as well. Generally if I'm doing a lot of face work, I will go into Xray Mode and take a quick spin around the object to make sure there are not any "extra faces" selected, and if there are, all you need to do is click on that extra face to "de-highlight" and you should be good to go. It happens to me all the time. Hope that helps. STU

I have lot's of tutorials on You-Tube that may help if you are just starting out with Maya. Check out deepfriedectoplasm on You-Tube and you will find my channel. Best of Luck! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

ed almadin
Re: Maya "face" problem
on Jan 16, 2011 at 1:44:59 pm

thanks for that!!! I never thought that to be that simple!!..Any way can you still help me? I still have some problems with face / settings.Which quite similar to the first problems. Ive read a lot of forums to solve this problem, and they talked about the backculling and the settings/preferences but I never help me at all.The tutorial told me to use 'face' to extract a part of an object and to duplicate it..but I can't highlight every part of the object for some parts become de-highlighted..I hope you can help me..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]