FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya Batch Rendering Black

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Smith
Maya Batch Rendering Black
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:09:34 am

Hey guys,

I'm a beginner with Maya and I'm still trying to get a firm understanding of the rendering options in the program. However, I've been faced with a huge issue that, after hours and hours of tries, I simply can't seem to figure out!

Before I get into the issue, here's a link to the file I'm working with:

http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/org/sbc/new/files/smoke.mb

It's pretty basic; just a modification of one of the default scenes that comes with Maya. However, I'm trying to batch render it with little success. This is what's going on:

My goal is to render it with transparency without a white border around the smoke. At one point I succeeded doing this using a single-frame render in PSD format. However, at the present time that annoying white border has returned. So the first question is...how can I render a sort of 'optimized' file that really captures a perfect transparency effect? Here's an image of a frame being rendered poorly (placed again a red background to highlight the poor transparency):

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9426/borderz.jpg

Okay, so, that's issue 1. But an even bigger issue, and perhaps a more pressing one, is my issues with batch rendering. If I change my render settings to a multiple frames setting (e.g.; filename#.ext), and use the batch renderer, I only render black images! The camera selected displays the correct image in single-frame rendering, it renders correctly in single-frame rendering, I've turned on default lighting and even added a light, and...well...it just isn't ever working!

After attempting to change almost every option for batch rendering, I started using this MEL code to attempt to batch render using the single frame image method:

float $frameStart = 0;
float $frameEnd = 50;

for ($i=$frameStart;$i<=$frameEnd;$i++)
{
currentTime $i;
renderWindowRender redoPreviousRender renderView;
}

However, it produced unoptimized images. I'm sure my errors are easily solved and caused by my inexperience with the program, but I hope one of you guys may be able to help me understand what I'm doing wrong so that in the future, I don't run into this problem again.

Thanks so much, y'all!

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]