FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rigging Dragon Wings

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Nielsen
Rigging Dragon Wings
on Sep 21, 2010 at 1:58:36 am

Hey Guys,

I am trying to rig some dragon wings. I am using ncloth to attach the wing membrane to the bones. Here is what I am doing

I seperate the bone geometry and the membrane so they are in two different sections. I then apply ncloth to the membrane geo and passive to the bone geo. Next I select all of the vertices on the ncloth object then select the passive (bone geo) and apply a point to surface constraint.

This is working but now when I move the bones around the membrane is detaching from the bone geo then catches up. Is there a way to keep both together. I had the membrane intersecting the bones at one stage but it kept penetrating and wrapping around.

Matt.

Return to posts index

Daniel Augsburger
Re: Rigging Dragon Wings
on Nov 21, 2010 at 4:51:55 pm

You might be getting that overlap since you have a point to surface applied to the whole wing geometry. Instead of a point to surface using all the nCloth vertices, try doing the edges only. Try a transform constraint on sections of of the edges that match each bone section, then parent constraint the transform constraint to the bones. I hope that helps, but if not I wouldn't mind looking at the file to help you out. I just did something very similar to this for a school project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]