FORUMS: list search recent posts

travelling 3d texture placement node

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyra Elliott
travelling 3d texture placement node
on Sep 7, 2010 at 8:13:46 pm

Hello,
I have been working with Maya for some time, but have been mainly teaching myself. So I could be doing things wrong here....

I have modeled a polygon space ship. I created a blinn texture, and mapped a 3d texture node with a brownian pattern as a bump map. I used 3D paint to add details to the outside of the ship. The pivots of the 3d texture placement node and the spaceship are centered and in a group.

I imported the spaceship into a new scene. If I translate or scale the ship (or the group), the node follows and my paint highlights remain where they should be. If I rotate the spaceship (or the group), the 3d node doesn't follow it, and my paint highlights go all over the place on the surface of the ship.

Am I missing something? (I wouldn't be surprised). Does anyone have any advice as to how I can animate motion into my space ship and have my texture stay in place?

-Kyra

Return to posts index

Luke Baggott
Re: travelling 3d texture placement node
on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:43:06 am

I have the same problem. I used the 3d paint tool to create textures. When I rotate my model the textures go crazy. This post might be helpful to you.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/61/858563

It did not really help me though. So if u make sense of it please let me know.

Return to posts index

Luke Baggott
Re: travelling 3d texture placement node
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:06:38 pm

I am also self taught so my advice may not be good but I think I may have found a solution. if u right click on your model and and click on "multi" and select everything you will be able to rotate your UVs as well as all your model components together. Normally they are separate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]