FORUMS: list search recent posts

higher education

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Carroccio
higher education
on Sep 6, 2010 at 1:31:27 am

hey guys,

I am a local camera op/Studio Tech for a TV station.

As conventional media production goes automated, robotic, and even Virtual, i find myself in need of returning to school and becoming way more tech savvy (i.e explore the 3d animation and graphic design realm)

I received my AA in Motion Picture/TV production.

If anyone can give me some advice on which educational route i should take that will strengthen my skills as well as merge ME into a new technical Arena that will allow me to fully understand Visual Effects, digital compositing, Motion Capture, and so forth.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

James
Camera Operator/Production Tech

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: higher education
on Sep 7, 2010 at 3:29:50 am

Hey James, Depending on what you are doing and where you want to go, it never hurts to pick up on new software to explore ways to expand your knowledge. Maya is perhaps the coolest program for "generalists" because with a little bit of help through tutorials and reading you can learn the basics of how the program works and what might work best for you. Check out my tutorials on You-Tube to learn some of the basic concepts with using Maya and see if there's a way you can use it at a basic level and then get more advanced as time goes on. Here's a link to the original post for Maya tutorials I created for the purpose of helping graphics people get a core understanding of Maya before branching into a specialty!

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/61/861319

or just go to You-Tube and do a search for deepfriedectoplasm and Maya and you should find my tutorials. Best of Luck and it's a great thing that you want to expand your knowledge base.

Learning the art of Motion Tracking is a bit different and in my opinion the tools are just not quite developed enough for a simple explanation to help you get started and I wish that there was a simple effective way to learn tracking but for the time being you should concentrate on how to use Maya for compositing. Determination is key to getting to the next level and Maya will help you add that missing element to what you are currently doing, especially on the post end!

Best of Luck! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]