FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya 2011 smooth doesn't render

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Sanchez
Maya 2011 smooth doesn't render
on Sep 4, 2010 at 9:03:03 pm

Hi, i'm relatively new in maya however i have done the Lynda essential training.
My problem is that i'm using the 1, 2 and 3 hotkeys to smooth and i have no problems but when i render (even on MR o Maya sftw) it show it like it doesn't smooth. In the smooth mesh atribute editors is set to "use preview level for rendering" in 2 but nothing smooth on render.
Do i have to set something on the render settings, i have look the tessellation atributesbut i dont think it would be there the solution.

Thanks for the help
Maya 2011 Mac

Return to posts index

Steven Jones
Re: Maya 2011 smooth doesn't render
on Sep 6, 2010 at 10:41:07 am

I believe that the keyboard 1 2 and three are for preview views only. Can be viewed in the perspective window for example. This does not reproduced in the render view. To achieve this a smooth needs to be applied to your character Polgons>>Mesh>>Smooth and then the smoothing will render.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Javier Sanchez
on Sep 6, 2010 at 3:44:03 pm

you know that in the smooth mesh atribute there is an option "render division level" wich is to see the smooth on the render with this 1 2 3 hotkeys. So it should work (like in the lynda tutorials) but it is not.
Thank you but i am sure i should see it on the render, i must be doing something wrong.

Return to posts index

Javier Sanchez
on Sep 6, 2010 at 3:50:50 pm

I just have found the solution, we have to set the render in mental ray mode, and then it work to smooth wich this shortcuts. it's the maya motor thats doesnt smooth with 1 2 3.

Thanks for help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]