FORUMS: list search recent posts

Building animation

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asad Kazmi
Building animation
on Aug 18, 2010 at 8:38:37 am

hi everyone,

I want to make a CG animation like the below link, so can some one give me any idea or tips what to do ?
Please take a look at this link i want to make like this, what i want to learn is how to animate the building upward like this. i have created my stuff in Google SketchUp and imported it in maya 2010 but how to animate it upward. ? any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Return to posts index

Lewis Hackett
Re: Building animation
on Aug 18, 2010 at 2:13:36 pm

Hey Asad, if you select the model that you want to have the effect, and in the Animation menu, goto Create Deformers> Lattice.

This will create an editable lattice which you can choose the amount of subdivisions it has for greater or less detail, and will allow you to deform or squash the object by selecting the lattice points and keyframing the movement.

This way you can choose which frame you want the building fully upright and keyframe all the lattice points, and then move to the starting frame where you want it to be flat and squash all of the lattice points down close to the bottom ones on the floor and keyframe them in that position so that it animates the 'growing upwards' motion.

Hope this helps,
Lewis

Return to posts index

Asad Kazmi
Re: Building animation
on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:40:45 am

thankyou Lewis , i really appreciate it let me do it now :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]